Who can apply for a Travel Grant?
Three conditions need to be met in order to apply for a GHF travel grant:
- Your abstract must have been accepted as an oral presentation or you are a GHF Academy participant.
- Your travel grant application must be sent before January 04th, 2020. Applications that will be sent after this date, will not be accepted. The application must contain all the required documents. Please see the list of the documents below.
- You are a national of a low or lower-middle income country as per the listing of the World Bank Group. If you have a dual nationality of which one is not of a low or lower-middle income country, you may NOT apply for a travel grant.
List of required documents
- Motivation letter stating why and how the applicant wants and contributes to the forum (1 page max)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), stating the previous positions, publications and awards
- A confirmation of affiliation by applicant's host organisation (applicant's current employer)
- GHF 2020 filled travel grant application (click here to download the document)
What are the criteria for selection of Travel Grantees?
The following selection criteria apply to all travel grant applications. All applications are reviewed by a committee led by the Scientific Program Coordinator.
- Motivation letter of applicant stating why and how the applicant wants and contributes to the forum
- Relevance of applicant’s professional activity (based on the personal profile)
- Previous positions, publications and awards
What does a Travel Grant cover?
A GHF travel grant may cover one or all of the following;
- Visa costs for Switzerland
- Return Economy airfare
- Accommodation in a hotel in Geneva for the duration of the conference
What does the Travel Grant NOT cover?
The Travel Grant does not cover:
- Per diems
- Terminal costs (taxi, airport, etc.)
- Excess luggage costs
How are travel grants administered?
Once you have been accepted as a travel grantee of the GHF you will receive a notification from the GHF Secretariat along with advice on how to proceed with registration and visa application.
You will be requested to advance your air ticket and will be reimbursed on site upon presentation of original documents.
Your hotel will be booked and paid directly by the GHF Secretariat.
Invitation letter for visa application
You might need an invitation letter for your visa application. The form to request an invitation letter is included in the GHF 2020 Travel Grant application form and has to be sent to the same e-mail address.